Neat Homes Disclaimers
At Neat Homes, our unique perspective is that every real estate transaction should be as straightforward, clean and frictionless as a cash transaction. By eliminating the critical risk factors upfront, we empower both sellers and buyers to make highly informed decisions about their home sales and purchases. This eliminates the stress and cost of last-minute surprises. By creating this environment, we can guarantee outcomes including closing at 99.5% of the signed contract price for listings and guaranteeing successful financing for approved buyers.
Listings – Contract Price Guarantee Detail and Disclaimer
Neat Homes will guarantee that upon closing, the transaction price will amount to a minimum of 99.5% of the contract price so long as the following criteria are met:
- Property is listed with Neat Homes
- Pre-listing inspection of the property has been completed by a Neat Homes selected inspector, which is disclosed to prospective home buyers through MLS
- Buyer has submitted their offer:
- Without a financing contingency (i.e. in the state of Colorado, the offer eliminates the Loan Objection Deadline). This may be satisfied by obtaining a Platinum Pre-Approval from Neat Capital (an affiliated company), submitting a cash offer, or by utilizing another lender of the Buyer’s choice that has formally underwritten the borrower prior to their offer being made, and is comfortable issuing a pre-approval letter stating that financing is only contingent upon receipt of clean title, a sufficient homeowner’s insurance policy, and other Property related items (excluding the appraisal).
- Without an appraisal contingency. This may be satisfied when financing an offer with cash or in instances where a purchase offer financed by Neat Capital excludes an appraisal contingency and is backed by Neat Capital’s Home Value Guarantee. Neat Capital’s Home Value Guarantee will ensure neither the buyer nor seller will be exposed to any appraisal risk on the property or it will cover the entire difference. Neat Capital will NOT be responsible for any failure to close, reimbursements, or offer price adjustments related to situations where a home buyer presents an offer with an appraisal or financing contingency.
- Buyer’s offer stipulates that they have reviewed the property inspection report, and agree to both purchase and accept the property “As is.”
- If the Seller agrees to remediate an item discovered by a Buyer’s subsequent home inspection (if one is obtained), and that item was not presented in the published property inspection report initially ordered by Neat Homes, and the remediation item is not part of the Inspection Guarantee Exclusions listed below, the Seller will be responsible for paying the full cost of the remediation up to 0.5% of the sale price (to maintain alignment with the company and real estate agent in negotiating the transaction) after which Neat Homes will be responsible for covering all additional costs related to the remediation. Any item with a cost to cure that exceeds $5,000 will require 3 “arm’s length” (unrelated or unaffiliated with any party to the transaction) bids from independent contractors. If seller or Neat desire to confirm findings in a subsequent home inspection, an independent contractor or inspector may evaluate findings at Neat’s cost.
- Transaction is considered to be performed at “arms-length,” with no existence of a familial relationship between Buyer, Seller, and/or the Agents involved. Where all parties in the transaction are acting in their own self-interest and are not subject to any pressure or duress from the other party. Finally, that there is no collusion between the Buyer and Seller.
- Neat Homes does not guarantee a successful closing. Buyers can and will have opportunities to terminate contracts that are outside of Neat Homes’
Inspection Guarantee Exclusions
In general, property inspection reports are prepared to assist Buyers in evaluating the condition of a home. An inspection cannot eliminate all risks. Inspections are limited in scope and evaluate readily-accessible systems and components. An inspection is not an exhaustive evaluation of the structure, systems or components. It is also not a code, safety or compliance inspection. Neat Homes will NOT be responsible for any failure to close, reimbursements, or offer price adjustments related to situations where the Buyer subsequently identifies the following property condition items, contaminates or adverse conditions:
- Any non-standard systems, invisible contaminates or adverse conditions requiring specialty inspections not covered under the purview of a standard general inspection, including but not limited to:
- Mold, radon, lead-based paint, asbestos, environmental property contaminates, or invisible contaminates or adverse conditions discovered in the ground/air or water
- All underground items, including shifting soils, septic system condition, sewer line, utility lines, soil pollutants and contaminates, underground electrical or mechanical systems such as snow melt heating systems, or any other underground contaminates or adverse conditions
- Foundational or structural issues associated with the home
- Pests, including termites, spiders, ants, mosquitoes, stinging insects and rodents, and others.
Buyer – Agent Commission Rebate Disclaimer
- Any Neat Homes seller who has subsequently become a Neat Capital buyer within a year after using Neat Homes to sell their home may be eligible to receive a 1% rebate, in an amount up to but not exceeding $5,000, from their Neat Homes agent at the closing of their home purchase. The rebate will be used to offset the Buyer’s closing costs and prepaid items specific to the home that they are buying. Note that if the amount of the rebate exceeds the total amount of the Buyer’s closing costs and prepaid items, the rebate will be reduced accordingly. The rebate DOES NOT include points charged by the buyer’s lender, or used by the buyer as a means to reduce their interest rate (discount points), and other state, county, city, town, or municipal specific transfer/excise/conveyance or similar taxes are not covered in the rebate program.
Neat Capital Financing Not Required
Neat Capital and any affiliated companies with Neat Homes have a business relationship in that Neat Capital is the parent company of Neat Homes. Because of this relationship, this referral may provide Neat Homes or Neat Capital a financial or other benefit. You are NOT required to use either Neat Capital or Neat Homes. You may use them individually or together. By using Neat Homes or Neat Capital, you agree that your information may be shared between the two companies in order to create a more efficient and seamless end-to-end experience.